June 10, 2015 Leave a comment
If you don’t have time to stay on the top of social media trends but want to stay in the know, I hand-picked some important news and stats mentioned in May/June social media articles:
1. Social media has now become the number one internet activity in the world. 72% of all internet users are now active on social media. Google’s algorithm ranks social media pages higher up its search ranking as they are seen as active, engaging platforms, with consistent new content – so it’s important to keep social media channels active.
2. Facebook is now dominating the social media advertising budget. It’s on target to hit over $14 billion in advertising revenue in 2015. It is now becoming a serious rival to Google.
3. Twitter ranks slightly more valuable than LinkedIn when it comes to sales prospecting.
4. More than half (52%) of marketers say Facebook is the most important social network they use to grow and market their business.
5. Google has removed prominent links to Google+ accounts at the top of search results, Google’s homepage, and Gmail. The change suggests the tech giant is doing still more to gradually phase out its social network.
6. Facebook has begun testing a new option for users—they’re giving some users the ability to choose people or pages whose posts would always show up at the top of their News Feed. Facebook confirmed the test but offered no more detail about the option and if or when it might receive a wider release.