Facebook Ads: Target Users by Zip Code
August 12, 2011 4 Comments
Facebook is taking the paid ads to another level and adding the option of targeting the users by their zip code (hooray for marketers and businesses)! So far the companies have only been able to target the users by the city, which can be way too broad. After all, how often do you really travel from one side of the city to another just to eat at the restaurant? Targeting users by the zip code adds much more relevancy to the ads, making this option very appealing to the advertisers. NOW many companies can really enjoy the big BANG for the buck.
This option is to become available the following week – I know I will certainly give it a try. Choose age, key words, zip code, better yet target the fans of the page of your direct competitor … The possibilities are endless
Remember some good practices for Facebook Ads:
- Always design more versions of the ad to test what would work the best (slight changes in text and try different images)
- Don’t rush with choosing the image – choosing the right picture is extremely important
- The pictures should be relevant to your ad yet eye-catching
- Make the initial bid higher – you can lower the bid during the campaign
- Get rid of the ads that don’t convert well and keep those that get the best conversion
Guide to Facebook Ads is a great place to start if you’ve never tried Facebook Ads.
If you did, share your experience!